What Susie Wrote on My Blog

Susie said: I avoid these intimate interactions, second-guess everything I do, and am thin skinned and extremely private. I like live groups (once upon a time, before Internet, all groups were live, remember?) so that I can socialize without giving of myself. It all stays nice and superficial--er, easy--that way. And if I reveal too much, I disappear. Forever.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Dad gave me the keys to his blog -- Monday, March 13, 2006

My Dad gave me the keys to his blog. How ever can I fill his shoes?

Dad is personable, interesting, and creative (as in whacky), . He talks with his commenters and creates a sense of community. He also has a thick skin so that if he says anything too revealing or goofy, oh well, he'll let it slide right off his back (this straight from his mouth).

On the contrary, I avoid these intimate interactions, second-guess everything I do, and am thin skinned and extremely private. I like live groups (once upon a time, before Internet, all groups were live, remember?) so that I can socialize without giving of myself. It all stays nice and superficial--er, easy--that way. And if I reveal too much, I disappear. Forever.

Unlike my dad, I'm gadgetly challenged. My husband is going to teach me how to post digital pictures so that I can at least continue Dad's appearance of adventure. He only makes his stupid little doggie treks sound exciting. Nobody--but NOBODY--has as exciting doggie adventures as I do. I go places where parents and husbands (and probably the law) forbid, but my policy is don't ask--don't tell, so I'll never really know whether or not I'm law abiding or renegade.

One advantage I have over Dad, though: I have a lot, and I mean a LOT, of dirt on my siblings. (Translation: Siblings, be very afraid . And an added freebie: If I were you, siblings, I'd BEG).

Dad told me to "make it respectable." So I ask you, Dad: You obviously think me unrespectable to tell me to be respectable. Can a zebra be a pig? Can somebody unrespectable be respectable? And you trusted me to guestwrite? What were you thinking?

Oh well....

posted by Susie Hovendick Chan

1 Comments:

  • At 6/30/2006 09:32:00 AM, Blogger Jim said…

    9 Comments:
    At Mon Mar 13, 10:12:39 PM CST, Rachel said...
    Hi Susie. I'm sure Jim knew what he was doing when he gave you the keys!

    Go ahead. Tell all about your siblings. I'm all ears......

    :)


    At Mon Mar 13, 10:25:28 PM CST, Cliff Morrow said...
    Get to talking girl. I don't know you but I know your Dad and I'd bet a lot of money you're better looking than he is.


    At Tue Mar 14, 11:15:30 AM CST, Seeker said...
    I can hardly wait....
    and, boy, I'm glad I'm not your sister.


    At Tue Mar 14, 07:16:53 PM CST, Susie Hovendick Chan said...
    Ya' see, Sibs? They want blood. It's not too late for bribes.


    At Tue Mar 14, 08:07:12 PM CST, Ralph's Homespun Headlines said...
    You go places and still go places the law forbids yet YOU have the dirt on the siblings? Just remember your Dad may be checking this site!!
    Ralph


    At Wed Mar 15, 10:45:06 AM CST, Anonymous said...
    Hi guys -- Hi Susie

    I sure am checking.

    No, Susie, you can't give dirt on any family member unless you get their permission.

    No dirt on Dad at all. He almost walks on water, you know.

    And so does his dog!!!!!!!!!

    So write about your pig or dogs and be nice to the family.

    You sure got some response!

    I will check again tomorrow and remember I have a string on the key.

    Love all you guys, from my place of captivity,

    Jim


    At Wed Mar 15, 07:25:44 PM CST, Rachel said...
    Okay Jim, where the heck are you hiding at???


    At Wed Mar 15, 08:04:59 PM CST, Seeker said...
    Uh oh. Dad's lookin'...


    At Wed Mar 15, 09:50:25 PM CST, Susie Hovendick Chan said...
    Uh oh. Am I in hot water? Just for being a normal sister?
    ..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home