What Susie Wrote on My Blog

Susie said: I avoid these intimate interactions, second-guess everything I do, and am thin skinned and extremely private. I like live groups (once upon a time, before Internet, all groups were live, remember?) so that I can socialize without giving of myself. It all stays nice and superficial--er, easy--that way. And if I reveal too much, I disappear. Forever.

Friday, June 30, 2006

A Day in the Life of a Blogger -- Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Some random thoughts while I recoup from marathon writing sessions (This is like a light day between rigorous workouts):
___________________________________


A Day in the Life of a Blogger


"What did you do tonight, Sugar?"
"Edited."

"What did you do this afternoon?"
"Edited."

"What did you do this morning?"
"Wrote."


Pause.

"
Uh, Sugar....."
________________________________

Today I understand why we love dogs so much. They forgive.

My husband had me put the dog (why must I always be the bad guy?) downstairs, in the office. We live on top.

My son was gone, and his dog wanted perpetual company. We wanted perpetual sleep.

This morning, the dog forgave me.

posted by Susie Hovendick Chan

1 Comments:

  • At 6/30/2006 03:37:00 PM, Blogger Jim said…

    12 Comments:
    At Tue Mar 21, 09:35:38 AM CST, Anonymous said...
    You didn't deserve his forgiveness... I'll bet you'll do it again tonight!!!


    At Tue Mar 21, 11:00:09 AM CST, Susie Hovendick Chan said...
    All right, reveal yourself. Ve Haf Vays.....


    At Tue Mar 21, 12:03:27 PM CST, Anonymous said...
    You vil confess...
    Nah! you don't deserve it... just know that I am WATCHING YOU!!! sort of like Santa - only slim and good looking-


    At Tue Mar 21, 02:38:26 PM CST, Mitch said...
    Susie - I forgot to ask you about your economics on the speeding ticket.

    20$ in gas to and from

    days in jail (7?) you could have been substitute teaching x 50$ = 7 x $50 = $350

    let's see, pay/give up $350 to save $200? I don't think those economics work too well.

    ?????????


    At Tue Mar 21, 04:24:09 PM CST, Cliff Morrow said...
    Maybe tomorrow the dog will get even.


    At Tue Mar 21, 07:34:28 PM CST, Ralph's Homespun Headlines said...
    This is a good story but all dogs don't forgive.
    I had to see how the jail bird story story came out before I read this one. You know they almost had you for manslaughter? Accusing that 78 year lady of not telling you that county jail was not a option probably really set her ticker off.
    Ralph


    At Tue Mar 21, 11:22:32 PM CST, Susie Hovendick Chan said...
    Mitch, how long you stay in jail depends on what judge you get. For my (unnamed relative) it only took a few hours. They police took him in at 10:00 p.m. and his family picked him up 3:00 a.m. He was ready to come out sooner (shortly after midnight), but it took time to reach his family, and when he did, they couldn't come immediately. Thus, the late hour.


    At Wed Mar 22, 07:29:22 AM CST, Elise said...
    I put my cat out this morning, and it's below freezing. I felt bad, but I don't want to come home to a surprise...


    At Wed Mar 22, 11:54:31 AM CST, susie said...
    How about an emergency kitty litter box? My stray wouldn't use one, though.


    At Wed Mar 22, 06:09:52 PM CST, Karen said...
    Little Adi sure is so cute!! She loves sleeping in the middle of the bed at your feet, but man can she ever snore!!! For such a little thing, there is super loud snoring coming out of her!


    At Thu Mar 23, 06:17:44 PM CST, yellow_moosebumps said...
    Animals are wonderful, their resilience and ability to forgive amazes me. I have worked with many abused dogs and they still trust people! (I am not saying you abused your dog)


    At Thu Mar 23, 09:43:35 PM CST, Rachel said...
    Dogs are forgiving that way.
    ..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home